Congratulations on making an excellent choice with the purchase of quality tuning from BSR. Along with improved performance, we aim to offer peace of mind with a 3 year, 120,000km warranty. Should you, contrary to expectations, experience any damage to vehicle parts occurring as a result of the use of upgraded tuning products purchased from BSR Tuning Australia we shall be liable for warranty. The warranty covers replacement or repair of parts as required, including labor costs. The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to those awarded to consumers under the Trade Practices Act and similar state and territory laws.
Customers must activate the warranty and accept the conditions by logging into their customer page. The warranty is free for the first 12 months and can be extended for two more years if desired, each year costing $85. The Machinery Warranty must be activated within 3 weeks from the time of purchase.
• The warranty applies when purchased in conjunction with tuning upgrades from BSR Australia or at any of BSR Australia’s authorised dealers.
• The warranty is valid for 12 months from the date given on the invoice for the tuning upgrade. The warranty can be extended for two additional 12-month periods. The maximum warranty period is therefore 3 years.
• The car can not be older than 4 years, from first registration. (See "Warranty expires" below).
• The warranty applies only to cars registered in Australia.
• The warranty is only valid for vehicles with an original price of up to $100,000AUD, excluding dealer and statutory charges.
• Sealing of components may be performed in connection with the provision of the warranty.
• Service must be performed according to service book from the date of registration and throughout the warranty period by a certified garage or BSR approved garage.
• Engine oil must be changed at least every 15,000th km or 12 months, whichever occurs first. The service record must be verifiable on demand by original receipts.
• The warranty is valid for BSR tuning upgrades and supplementary air filters and exhaust systems supplied by BSR.
• The warranty covers damage only to equipment that can not be replaced by the vehicle manufacturers warranty or the normal conditions for the drive-train warranty in the motor vehicle’s insurance. The warranty only covers damage due to the use of BSR aftermarket parts/software. Refusal of compensation by the vehicle’s manufacturer and/or vehicle insurance company shall be presented in documents from the manufacturer and/or insurance company.
• The maximum cover provided by the warranty is $20,000AUD. If repair costs exceed the market value of the vehicle at the time of the damage, then the claim shall be limited to this amount.
• The warranty also covers towing of the vehicle, when property damage is compensable by the warranty. Other indirect losses (e.g. vehicle rental, accommodation, loss of use, parking) are not compensated.
• The warranty does not apply to vehicles already modified / tuned / upgraded.
• The warranty does not apply for normal wear items such as clutch, brakes, battery, filters, fluids.
• The warranty does not apply for manufacturing defects or known model faults/weaknesses.
• The warranty is void if the replacement of chips or other modifications are performed by anyone other than BSR or its resellers within the warranty period.
• The warranty is void if other modifications are made, except those specified for the vehicle on BSRtuning.com.au. e.g. replacement of camshaft, turbocharger, etc.
• The warranty does not apply where the car has been driven in a manner that may be considered similar to that of race cars or in case of theft, attempted theft or illegal driving.
• BSR Tuning Australia reserves the right to outsource the repair to a third party and to use exchange/refurbished parts. Troubleshooting costs are not compensated.
• The warranty does not apply where the vehicle has been used outside it’s manufacturers specifications or outside what may be considered normal use (e.g. by a driving school, rental, delivery or taxi service) or in a manner that may be considered negligent (e.g. use of unsuitable fuels or where failure is due to lack of oil or overheating)
• The warranty does not cover damage incurred during the software reading or writing (during tuning or re-tuning) procedure where the procedure is performed by other than BSR Tuning Australia. All damage so incurred, shall be the responsibility of the installing party.
• The warranty expires 1 year after the date of tuning upgrade (on invoice) or 4 years from first date of registration, or upon mileage reaching 120,000 km (whichever occurs first).
• The warranty is void if service is not performed in accordance with the service book.
• The warranty expires where odometer tampering is in evidence or in the event of any false communication.
• The warranty is expires where instructions published by BSR or given in correspondence with BSR are not followed.
• The warranty is linked to the business or individual buying the BSR product. If a change of ownership of the vehicle takes place, the warranty is not valid for new owner.
MAKING A CLAIM
• For damages related to car manufacturers defects in materials or construction the claim must be directed against the respective car manufacturer or its resellers.
• In reference to this Warranty, contact must FIRST be made with BSR or their resellers before any remedial measures are taken. The cost of repairs or inspections done without the prior written consent of BSR Australia are not covered.
• A BSR Tuning Australia representative must be allowed to inspect the damage and must be supplied with information required to ascertain the extent of the damage.
• Excess in the event of a claim is $400 AUD.
• Warranty certificate along with confirmation of warranty must be presented along with the claim.